SeamMaster® High Profile Ultrasonic Sewing Machine
The Sonobond SeamMaster® provides rapid sealing, sewing, and trimming of synthetic fabrics without thread, glue, or other consumables. Although similar in appearance and operation to traditional sewing machines, the SeamMaster High Profile bonder has a higher clearance between the wheel and the horn, making it ideal for hand-guided applications with tight tolerances, or when working around curves. Ultrasonic bonding with the SeamMaster eliminates needle and thread breakage, thread color changeover and thread unraveling problems. And with production speeds up to 4 times faster than sewing, heat sealing and adhesive machines, the SeamMaster is highly cost-effective.
Sonobond’s SeamMaster is designed for specialized applications in the textile, apparel and engineered fabrics industries. A variety of interchangeable pattern rollers are available for slitting, embossing, and “stitching,” as well as custom pattern wheels designed by Sonobond engineers. The SeamMaster performs in one quick pass saving time, labor, and material. Seams bonded by Sonobond’s Seam-Master are so perfectly fused and sealed that they can be used to help comply with OSHA’s regulations for barrier seams.
- Versatile, general purpose machine operates just like a traditional sewing machine
- Features a large pattern wheel and high clearance above the bench for bulky materials and hand-guided operations
- Virtually eliminates fraying or unraveling of bonded edges and seams
- Requires minimal training to operate
- Seals the inner shell of body armor. This enables the armor, with ballistic-resistant materials inside, to pass the current National Institute of Justice (NIJ) submersion tests. Per NIJ 0101.06, wet conditioning standards now require protection from submersion for 30 minutes rather than protection from a spray shower.