Sonobond’s SonoWeld® 1600 Series is an easy-to-use, microprocessor-controlled ultrasonic metal welding system that offers unique and multi-function capabilities. It produces strong, repeatably accurate spot welds, as well as wire-to-terminal welds — even if the metals are oxidized or tinned — in just one pulse and without pre-cleaning. It also welds multiple layers and/or delicate foils to tabs or terminals for lithium-ion and NiMH battery assembly. With a microprocessor built into the power supply, SonoWeld equipment can store and recall up to 250 weld protocols. Available in 1,500- and 2,500-watt models, each unit has an RS232 port to transfer weld data to a computer. The microprocessor provides automatic control monitoring that detects when variables exceed preset power and time limits, or if a part height is different from that originally set. It also detects and prevents wrong-part or no-part welding. The SonoWeld Series creates ultra-reliable, solid-state metallurgical bonds, and operates without the need of heat, current, fluxes or fillers. The welders feature a welding head, the exclusive Wedge-Reed System, and an easily removable and replaceable Taper Lock Tip. Sonobond also custom-designs tooling to meet each customer’s specific needs.
- Performs spot welds, as well as wire-to-terminal welding
- Welds multiple layers of anode and cathode foils – as thin as seven microns – without tearing – to battery tabs and terminals for lithium-ion and NiMH batteries. These batteries are used in electric vehicles, charging stations, and high-capacity energy storage batteries.
- Joins up to 10 stranded wires from flat flexible circuit to multi-connection terminals in a single pulse
- Uniquely joins metals that are oxidized or tinned – in just one pulse and without pre-cleaning – using our exclusive, patented Wedge-Reed System
- Microprocessor controller recalls up to 250 weld protocols, can weld by time, energy or height* and provides automatic frequency control and overload protection
- Outputs 1,500 or 2,500 watts of power to weld non-ferrous similar or dissimilar metal assemblies, including copper to aluminum
* Pre-weld and post-weld height measurements are available when machine is equipped with our Advanced HMI